Pop-up windows, or pop-ups, are windows that appear automatically without your permission. They vary in size but usually don't cover the whole screen. Some pop-ups open on top of the current Internet Explorer window, while others appear underneath Internet Explorer (pop-unders).
Internet Explorer allows you to control both pop-ups and popunders through the Internet options window. Pop-up blocking is turned on by default, so you don't have to worry about enabling it to prevent pop-ups from appearing in Internet Explorer.
Steps to Follow:
To Export Internet Explorer Pop-up Blocker Settings:
1. Open the Start Menu, then type regedit in the search box and press Enter.
2. If prompted by UAC, then click on Yes (Windows 7) or continue (
3. In regedit, navigate to the location below.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\New Window
4. In the left pane, right click on New Window and click on Export.
5. Navigate to your Desktop, then type in a name (ex: IE_Pop_up_Blocker_Settings) for this REG file and click on the Save button.
6. Now move this exported REG file to where you like to keep it at as a backup of all of your personal Internet Explorer Pop-up Blocker settings.
To Import Internet Explorer Pop-up Blocker Settings:
1. Double click on the exported REG file (ex: IE_Pop_up_Blocker_Settings.reg) that was exported from OPTION ONE above.
2. If prompted, click on Run, Yes (Windows 7) or Continue (
Vista), Yes, and OK.
3. If open, close and reopen all instances of Internet Explorer to apply.