The Flock web browser is an Internet browser built on Mozilla Firefox technology. Flock integrates popular Web 2.0 social technologies such as Facebook, Flickr, Twitter and YouTube. According to Flock.com, you can use the Flock web browser to connect to your favorite social networking sites, read RSS feeds, and add favorites to Flock with a one click process. With so many features, the web browser takes a moment to configure, but can be an enjoyable experience after connecting Flock to all of your favorite services.
This article will help you to Customize a Flock Internet Browser.Instructions
- Open the Flock social web browser. Select the "Getting Started" tab. From this page, you can log in to Flock's supported services. At the bottom of the page, remove the check mark next to "Show this on Startup" if you do not want the "Getting Started" tab to open every time Flock runs.
- Select the "My World" tab. "My World" is described by Flock.com as a location to organize your favorite friends, networks, sites and RSS feeds for easy access.
- Click "Widgets" to choose additional columns to display in the "My World" tab. After choosing which columns to display, you can alter the order of each column on the page by clicking the small arrow icon in the upper right corner of each column.
- Click the "X" icon in the upper right corner of a column to close unwanted widgets.
- Click "Tools" from the Flock menu. Select "Options" to view general customization options for Flock. These options allow you to change how long Internet browsing history is saved, the web browser's home page and privacy settings.
- Click "OK" to apply your new settings. Right-click on the bookmark bar displayed above Flock's tabs. From the right-click menu, you can add new folders and bookmarks for quick access.
- Click "Tools" from the Flock menu and select "Accounts and Services" to customize which websites are connected to your browser. Double-click each account in the "Accounts and Services" bar to be directed to the item's website, and sign in to allow Flock to remember your user accounts.