Internet Explorer-8 is one of the most popular web Browsers, but it is still vulnerable to errors in windows. Some times you find Internet Explorer running slow, frequently crashing and not responding when it's required.
You may want to uninstall and Re-install Internet Explorer but you can consider these troubleshooting steps before un-installing the internet explorer.
- First try disabling each add-ons and check the performance, Most of the time this fixes the issue.
- If this doesn't fix the issue, you can perform the steps below to reset Internet Explorer
How to Reset Internet Explorer-8 to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer 8.
2. Click Tools from the Command Bar and select Internet Options.
3. Select the Advanced tab.
4. Go to the Reset Internet Explorer settings section and click the Reset button
5. You will then see a window that outlines the impact of resetting IE8. A basic reset will disable toolbars and add-ons, and reset default web browser settings, advanced options, tabbed browsing settings, privacy settings, pop-up settings and security settings.
If you check the Delete personal settings checkbox, it will reset the home page(s), search providers and Accelerators to their default values. It will also delete the temp internet files, history, cookies, passwords and InPrivate Blocking data. Now restart the Browser and check the performance.